Guide to Dry Skin Brushing
Dry Skin Brushing is a very important element of your Skin Care Regimen. Dry Skin Brushing removes all the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, increases blood circulation, stimulates the sweat glands and opens up the pores. Dry skin brushing prior to a body wrap treatment allows the formula to penetrate quicker and more effectively. You will see a greater inch loss!
YOUR SKIN IS YOUR LARGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT ELIMINATIVE ORGAN!!!
The skin plays a vital role in ridding the Body of Toxins and Impurities that are potential sources of illness. It has been estimated that the skin eliminates over one pound of waste per day. Dry Skin Brushing stimulates the sweat glands, opens up the pores, and increases blood circulation to the underlying organs and tissues in the Body. Daily skin brushing removes the top layer of dead skin cells with its build-up of dirt and acid, and deeply cleanses the pores. Skin brushing is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse the lymphatic system. Waste material is carried away from the cells by the blood and lymph. Dry Skin Brushing works hand in hand with an internal cleansing program.
Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
Skin Brushing tones and tightens the skin and drastically reduces Cellulite deposits. If done daily, dry skin brushing is one of the simplest and most effective treatments for lumpy hips and thighs, drastically reducing the cellulite deposits.
Dry Skin Brushing opens up the pores, allowing the Body to breath, and thus enhances proper functioning of the organs. Skin Brushing increases circulation, which helps to draw out the stored waste and toxins, which often result in CELLULITE build-up. People tend to lose weight faster and more evenly over their entire Body when Skin Brushing is included in their weight loss program.
- Reduces Cellulite deposits
- Cleanses the lymphatic system
- Removes dead skin layers
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the hormone and oil-producing glands
- Tightens the skin preventing premature aging
- Tones the muscles
- Stimulates circulation
- Helps Digestion
- Increases cell renewal
- Encourages cells to regenerate.
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation in all organs and tissues, especially capillaries near the skin.
- Stimulates the eliminative capacity of the skin.
- Stimulates the glands which in turn helps all of the body’s systems to perform more efficiently.
- Rejuvenates the entire nervous system
- Improves overall general health.
How to Skin Brush
Brushing should be done immediately before performing any body wrap treatment and should be done every day prior to showering.
- Use a brush with all natural fibers with a long handle so that you can reach all areas of your body, most preferably with a removable handle with strap for holding in the palm of your hand for better control in the cellulite prone areas. (see here)
- Always brush on dry skin. Wet or moist skin will not have the same effect and could cause your skin to stretch.
- Always brush toward the heart. Stroking away from your heart puts pressure on the lymph vessels and veins and can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins.
- Brush in a circular motion.
- Brush vigorously in cellulite prone areas and more gently in sensitive areas.
- Avoid sensitive areas with rashes, wounds, sores, infections, insect bites, poison oak or ivy, etc.
- Brush each part of your body several times completely brushing the whole body.
- Brush everyday for at least 5 minutes, especially on the cellulite areas, preferably in the morning before showering or immediately before a body wrap. More thorough brushing will take 10-15 minutes.
- Increasing the dry brushing to twice a day on the cellulite areas will help to achieve quicker results.
- Once you start a dry brushing routine, stick to it for best results!
- Clean your brush every week or so in water and allow to dry in an open area to prevent mildew.
- Start at the soles of your feet.
- Continue up your ankles, calves, thighs, hips and buttocks – paying extra attention to cellulite areas.
- Then brush the stomach, abdomen, and chest (being gentle around the tender areas).
- Proceed to the back (handle will be needed for the hard to reach areas or ask a friend to do it!), then to back of neck.
- Then brush each hand working up the arm to the shoulders.
Don’t forget to continue with your body wraps! Body wraps will help the dry skin brushing eliminate toxins from the skin and improve overall skin tone.